Heater Repair in Flanders
Expert Heating System Repair Near You
If you have a heating system that has stopped working in the heart of winter, it is important to get it back up and running as quickly as possible. Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC is here to help you do just that. Our Flanders heater repair experts are available to provide same-day service.
Don’t wait another minute. Call (973) 520-0505 now you let our professionals take care of your heating problem. We get the job done right!
Signs You Need Heater Repair
Your heater is the key to keeping you warm during harsh winter months, especially in New Jersey, but furnaces come with a need for maintenance, repairs, and eventually replacement. You may be waiting for the heat to stop working to think it needs repairs. But there are less obvious signs you should be aware of so you can catch a problem before it goes out of control:
- Pilot Light Burning Yellow: There are noticeable issues that can happen with a furnace. For gas furnaces, you’ll have a pilot light that sets off the whole system to operate as it does. The pilot light should always be a blueish color. If you notice the flame looking more yellow, some fumes are not ventilating, which can be a safety hazard. Have an HVAC professional look at the unit as soon as possible.
- Lack of Heat: One of the most common problems you’ll see with a heater is a lack of adequate performance. If your home is not as warm as it should be, something may be wrong with the heater. An easy way to test this is to find a vent and see if the air is cool when you place your hand over it.
- Increased Utility Bills: A steep spike in your heating bill could be an indication of a broken heater. Even if the heater is running seemingly normally, there may be an efficiency issue. When the system works harder than it needs to, it costs more money.
- Heater Constantly Starting and Stopping: Another sign your heater is underperforming is an issue called “short-cycling.” This is when the system starts and stops several times throughout the day. It’s different from having the auto-fan on, as the system will only be on for maybe a minute or two, then shut off again. It costs more to continually be turning on the system rather than letting it run, so this could be connected to a spike in monthly costs.
- Strange Smells: You generally don’t want your furnace to be noisy or smelly. If you smell gas coming from the furnace, turn it off immediately. It would be best if you also kept a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in the same area as the furnace in case of an emergency. Smelling some fuel directly around the unit is normal. If the fuel smell doesn’t go away while the unit runs or starts to permeate other home areas, you should get it looked at by a professional.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises are also a sign of possible unit failure. The unit won’t be silent, just like any appliance, but loud or persistent noise can be emblematic of a larger issue. Squealing, whistling, groaning, or banging are all noises that should prompt a call to an HVAC professional. If possible, record the noise to play for them and describe it in detail over the phone.
Schedule a Heating Repair Today!
If you see any indications of a heating problem, contact the Flanders heater repair experts at Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC. With over 10 years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot and fix any heater issues. We can also provide you with routine maintenance services to help reduce the frequency you need to schedule repairs.
Once we determine the reason for your heater acting up, we can advise you on the best repair options. As soon as you give us the okay, we will make the necessary repairs and have your system back up and running in no time. We provide our high-quality services to residents in Flanders and the surrounding areas.
Experience the Convenience
Our maintenance membership plan make it easy to keep your hvac system in top condition.Maintenance Membership
Join the Jack Frost Team
Are you looking to further your career in home services? You've come to the right place!More About Careers
Learn More About Us
At Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning, your comfort comes first.About Jack Frost
Straight-Forward, Upfront Pricing
Experienced, Dependable & Trustworthy
High Quality Heating, AC & Plumbing Solutions
Focused on Improving Your Indoor Comfort